Friday, July 13, 2012

From Jeans to Daisy Dukes

Living this summer on a budget has been no easy task, but it has steered me to working more with what I have instead of buying new. Next up on my summer project list: Daisy Dukes! This has been one of my favorite projects so far! You know me, I can never have anything looking new and perfect so these shorts were a definite win! 

I had a load of old jeans in the trunk of the car just waiting for the second hand store. I was going to trade them in for cash so I could go buy some new jean shorts for the blistering heat. Then it hit me, why spend time, gas, and money on trading in and buying new, when I can make my own instead!

I started by cutting off at a safe place (they could always be trimmed shorter), and then I went to work. With just some scissors and bleach, I made my new favorite pair of Daisy Dukes! =) I had originally planned on a cuffed bottom but opted for the ragged edge (of course). So they ended up shorter, and messier, and perfect!
before

after
I would have paid big bucks for those sassy things!


No comments:

Post a Comment